About Me

My photo
Trigger Hippie: I act off instinct and live off love.
Instagram
Follow tiffyspiiice on Twitter

Saturday, August 6, 2011

the wilderness instinct in me


I've been unable to update my blog because I've been constantly on the go.. Literally, I've been traveling ever since my summer class finals a few weeks ago. Right now, I'm on the East Coast for my very first time ever, and boy do I have much to share!

On the first landing of my trip, I was glued to the passenger window like any browser endlessly clicking through tumblrs/blogs. I couldn't hold back from admiring the details of the east coast cities emerge as the sunrise seeped through past the thin mist of fluffy clouds... A moment much like a liberating sigh of, "Hallelujahhh"... It was so serene, so natural, so unreal... When landing in Los Angeles, you're granted with the beautiful twinkles and winks of the city lights welcoming you home through the night. Here, I was welcomed with neverending vast green landscapes as if Mother Nature has always been way too appreciated to distort with building blocks of city life. Says a lot about the lifestyle here in the east compared to home ... Refreshing. Refreshing until the humidity overwhelmed my Californian weather loving body. It was definitely an extreme contrast to what I consider norm. Nevertheless, this is all definitely a lifetime experience. In these past few days, I've crossed paths with mainly Florida, alongside Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. With that being said, I've got much catching up on sleep to do so there will be more photo adventures coming soon....

Several people questioned where I got my outfit today while shopping at the Great Mall of Georgia, but I had to tell them I was from California. Regardless, I spotted this salmon color slanted top down Melrose in La. The laced white skirt is from Fashion Young, and the taupe ankle boots are my ancient Jeffrey Campbells from years ago. Oh, and the earrings were from the quarterly flea markets held on my campus at UCI.


"What a country chooses to save is what a country chooses to say about itself."
 Mollie Beattie, Director, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service 1993-1996


No comments:

Post a Comment